Gadgetsbay may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from [date].
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
*Identity Information – includes first name (first name, last name) marital status, title, date of birth and in some circumstances proof of identity.
*Contact Information – includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
*Transaction Information – includes details of products and services you have purchased from us and details about payments from and to you.
*Technical Information – includes internet protocol (IP) address, access times, any websites you linked from, pages you visit, the links you use, the ad banners and other content you view, your login data, browser type and version, information about your device, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
*Profile Information – includes your username and password (which are hashed and not visible to Gadgetsbay), purchases or orders made by you, your interests and preferences and reviews/feedback and survey responses.
*Direct contact with the company – communication between us including through email, phone and social media
*Usage Information – includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
*Marketing and Communications information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
Financial Information – we do not collect or store any of your financial information including bank account and payment card details, these are processed by our payment partner Stripe and by that adhere to their policy.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you our service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes in our legitimate interests, when you’ve approved us to do so or when we’re legally obliged to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
* If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish for this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.